- 2012: (Ph.D.) Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, USA.
- 2012: (M.Sc.) Master of Science in Mathematics, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, USA.
- 2005: (M.Sc.) Master of Science in Systems and Computer Engineering, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2002: (B.Sc.) Bachelor in Systems and Computer Engineering, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia.
Perfil Camilo Rocha
- 2016-now: Associate Professor, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cali, Colombia.
- 2002-2015: Assistant Professor, Escuela Colombiana de Ingeniería, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 2008,2009,2011,2013: Invited Researcher, National Institute of Aerospace (NIA), Hampton, USA.
Professor Rocha's research interests are in the use of formal methods for building reliable software systems. In his research, he privileges the use of mathematical logics -- such as rewriting logic -- to study the behavior of safety-critical and highly concurrent software systems: he focuses on the formal specification and verification of data types, algorithms, and concurrent computation. More recently, Professor Rocha is working on developing techniques and tools for the formal verification of infinite-state and open systems such as robotic systems, security protocols, and web technology.
His theoretical areas of interest also include mathematical logic, algorithms, and software engineering.
- C. Rocha, J. Meseguer, C. Muñoz. "Rewriting Modulo SMT and Open System Analysis". Journal of Logic and Algebraic Methods in Programming. Vol. 86(1), 2017.
- C. Pinzón, C. Rocha. "Double-spend Attack Models with Time Advantage for Bitcoin". Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science. Vol. 329C, 2016.
- C. Rocha. "The Formal System of Dijkstra and Scholten". Chapter in Logic, Rewriting, and Concurrency; Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 9200, 2015.
- R. Gutiérrez, J. Meseguer, C. Rocha. "Order-sorted Equality Enrichments Modulo Axioms". Science of Computer Programming, Vol. 99(1), 2015.
- C. Rocha, C. Muñoz. "Synchronous Set Relations in Rewriting Logic". Science of Computer Programming, Vol. 92(B), 2014.
- C. Rocha, C. Muñoz, G. Dowek. "A Formal Library of Set Relations and its Application to Synchronous Languages". Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 412(37), 2011.