Diego Luis Linares
- 2003: Doctorate, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain.
- 1991: Bachelor Computer Science, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cali, Colombia.
- Director of the research, development and innovation office.
- Professor of Artificial intelligence, data structure and Programming, Electronic and computer department.
Professor Linares has been working on creating and developing software that allows children with disabilities to take advantage of technology. His research is on language models - mathematical tools to help process and recognize natural speech, perform optical character recognition (OCR), and other similar signal processing more effectively. Currently, professor Linares applies these techniques in the design of video games to help children with severe hearing impairments with therapy.
- Diego Fernando Loaiza, Diego Luis Linares Ospina, Andrés Adolfo Navarro Newball, Gloria Inés Álvarez, Claudia Patricia Oviedo Santacruz, Anita Yolanda Portilla Córdoba, Andrés Dario Castillo Savedra, ”A Video Game Prototype for Speech Rehabilitation” 5th International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-GAMES)” A Video Game Prototype for Speech Rehabilitation. En: Estados Unidos ISBN: 978-1 4799-0965-0 ed: IEEE Xplore digital library, v. , p.1 -, 2013.
- Joan Andreu Sánchez, José Miguel Benedi, Diego Luis Linares Ospina, “Performance of a SCFG-Based Language Model with Training Data Sets of Increasing Size”. En: Alemania Lecture Notes In Computer Science ISSN: 0302-9743 ed: Springer v.3523 fasc.1 p.586 - 594, 2005.
- Diego Luis Linares Ospina, José Miguel Benedi, Joan Andreu Sanchez, “A hybrid language model based on a combination of N-grams and stochastic context-free grammars”. En: Estados Unidos Acm Transactions On Asian Language Information Processing, (Acm Trans. Asian Lang. Inf. Process.), 3 (2), p.113 - 127, 2004.