Prof. Bayon completed his Ph.D. and D.E.A. from Universidad Autonóma De Barcelona (UAB), Spain and Master’s in Business Administration (M.B.A) and Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (B.E) from India.
Research interests: Entrepreneurship; Strategic Management.
Teaching interests: Entrepreneurship, Cross-Cultural Management, Strategic Management.
His area of research interest broadly includes understanding the role and impact of human capital in new business creation and strategic management of new firms. His recent research studies have been published in Management Decision, Strategic Change, Review of Business Management, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research, International Journal of Small business and Management among others.
He is currently affiliated to ECGESA research group of the PUJ and will focus on research topics related to entrepreneurship and strategy.
Professor Bayon brings to PUJ, Cali his wide experience in academia having previously taught at several universities/b-schools that include Universidad del Norte (Barranquilla, Colombia), Universidad Autonóma de Barcelona, (Barcelona, Spain), Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad, India), Indian Institute of Management (Shillong, India), and Entrepreneurship Development Institute (Gandhinagar, India). His earlier experiences also include creating and managing his own business start-up and consulting for new business startups. He was also instrumental in the start-up of one of the most reputed brand names in management education in India (Indian Institute of Management, Shillong) as the founding faculty member. In PUJ, Cali Prof, Bayon is going to supervise the doctoral program in Ciencias Economicas and teach international business and entrepreneurship.
Articles in Refereed Journals:
1) : “Socio-cultural factors and youth entrepreneurship in rural regions”. Review of Business Management, Vol. 19 (64), 200-218. With: With: Gómez-Araujo, E.
2) : “Regional variations of the impact of role models and fear of failure on entrepreneurship amongst the youth”. International Journal of Economic Research, Vol. 17(6), 377-392. With: Gómez-Araujo, E., Moreno, J.
3) : “Human capital and the exploitation of innovative opportunities”. Management Decision, 54 (7), 1615-1632. (ISSN 0025-1747), DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MD-04-2015-0130. With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E.
4) : “International variations in the impact of perceived and actual human capital on entrepreneurial activities”. Strategic Change, 25 (2), 131–150. (ISSN 1099-1697). DOI: 10.1002/jsc.2052, With: Vaillant, Y.
5) : “Initiating nascent entrepreneurial activities: The relative role of perceived and actual entrepreneurial ability”. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research, 21 (1), 27–49. (ISSN 1355-2554). http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJEBR-11-2013-0201, With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E.
6) : “Antecedents of perceived entrepreneurial ability in Catalonia: The individual and the entrepreneurial context”. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 5 (3), 1–19. (ISSN 2251-7316). DOI: 10.1186/s40497-015-0020-0, With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E.
7) : “Does entrepreneurial confidence influence the nature of entrepreneurial projects chosen by individuals with high ability?”. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 26 (2), 248 - 264. (ISSN 1476-1297). DOI: 10.1504/IJESB.2015.071826, With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E.
Reports/Case Study/Book Chapter:
8) : “I cab, therefore I will: the role of founder’s ability in entrepreneurship”. Book Chapter, ‘Entrepreneurship’ by InTech Publisher.
9) : “Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Report (2014), Colombia”. Universidad Del Norte, Colombia. With: Liyis, G., Lopez, S., Gomez, E., Vega-Jurado, H., Sanchez, L., Uribe, J.
10) : “Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Report, Catalunya”. L'INSTITUT D'ESTUDIS REGIONALS I METROPOLITANS, Barcelona, Spain. With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E., Gomez, Eduardo., Mancilla, C., Figuls, M., Bayon, M. C.
11) : “Simplifly Deccan: The evolution of low cost carrier in India”. European case Clearing House, Case reference number 308-015-1. With: Ravichandran, N.
12) : “The high performance entrepreneur: Golden rules for success in today´s world”. South Asian Journal of Management, 15(3). (Book review).
1) : “Differences in youth entrepreneurship: Some evidence from Spain”. 5th International Conference on Applied Business and Economic Research, Bali, Indonesia. (20-21 May)
2) : “Human capital and high impact entrepreneurship: Evidence from Spain”. Conference proceedings of GEM Research Conference on Entrepreneurship and Economic Development. Barcelona, Spain. (19-21 Jun).
3) : “Human capital as a source of innovative and growth-oriented entrepreneurship: An Exploratory study”. Conference proceedings of 10th Biannual Conference on Entrepreneurship. Gandhinagar, India (20-22 Feb).
4) : “The impact of perceived human capital on nascent entrepreneurial activities and its determinants”. Conference proceedings of 26th RENT conference. Lyon, France (21-23 Nov). With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E.
5) : “Beyond objective measures of human capital: Social learning, territory and demographics in influencing perceived human capital”. Conference proceedings of 5th Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Research Conference. Cartagena, Colombia (6-8 Oct). With: Lafuente, E., Vaillant, Y.
6) : “The relative role of actual and perceived human capital on entrepreneurial activities”, Conference proceedings of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and SMEs. Ecole de Management de Normandy. Caen, France (3-4 Nov), With Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E.
7) : “International variations in the impact of perceived and actual human capital on Entrepreneurial activities”. Conference proceedings of the 4th Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Research Conference, London, England (30 Sep-Oct 2). With: Lafuente, E., Vaillant, Y.
8) : “I believe I can: Perceived human capital and entrepreneurial activities”. Conference proceedings of the 24th RENT conference. Maastricht, Holland (18-19 Nov). With: Vaillant, Y., Lafuente, E. (2010).
9) : “The role of perceived human capital on entrepreneurial entry”. Doctoral consortium, presented at the 24th RENT conference. Maastricht, Holland (17 Nov).
10) : “Doctoral Symposium,” Perceived entrepreneurial ability and the quality and quantity of entrepreneurial activities”. XXIV RENT conference. Maastricht, Holland. (17 Nov).
11) : “Entrepreneurship Research Workshop”.4th European Doctoral Program (EDP) Workshop. Autonomous University of University (UAB). Barcelona, Spain. (2-3 Apr).
12)  “Case Study Workshop, European Case Clearing commission (ECCH) Teachers’ Case Research Workshop.” Ahmedabad, India. (4-6 Nov).